History of Hotel
Built in the early part of the 18th Century as a private dwelling and a hotel since 1895 the Old Ground Hotel Ennis has a long tradition and connection to the people of County Clare.
Indeed the Old Ground has played its part in the Republics tumultuous beginnings and the now Town Hall Bistro once incorporated a jail. It was bought by Allen & John Flynn in 1995 and has enjoyed a continuous programme of extension and refurbishment since then.
Extra bedrooms with luxurious King beds and soft restful colour schemes were built and the O'Connell Street entrance was greatly enhanced with the additional of the Town Hall Bistro - one of the most popular places to eat in Ennis.
The main hotel restaurant was renamed The Brendan O'Regan Room in honour of the rich connection between the O'Regan family, the Hotel and Shannon Airport. The lavish improvements, excellent service and superb food were recognised by Failte Ireland when it classified the property as 4* hotel status.
To understand the story behind the Ennis hotel and the events that carved its place in history, read: